create a sending email address for each customer

roland

Hello,
I see that in many ESP like aweber they create automaclly an email address sender for each customer. For example :
If contact@domain.com send me an email from aweber, when I see the original source I find this :

google.com: domain of zJyMLKwsLLSsbE*******@smtp-coi-g18-051.aweber.com designates 204.194.***.** as permitted sender) client-ip=204.194.***.**;

Like if the sender is zJyMLKwsLLSsbE*******@smtp-coi-g18-051.aweber.com and not contact@domain.com
I think that is very good for develivrability.

We can do this in mailwizz?

Thanks.

@roland - this can be done in mailwizz too, using latest version of the app, you can define a custom header in the delivery server settings, that is X-Force-Return-Path with a value of something like: [CAMPAIGN_UID]_[SUBSCRIBER_UID]@domain.com.
Now all the emails will have this return path which will get translated into something like: 12gduy12nhs12_55Mhydywel113@domain.com
And then your smtp server for domain.com must know how to deal with these emails when it receives them, it has to know how to split the email address to fetch the campaign id and the subscriber id and it has to know what to do with them. This is the actual tricky part.

@twisted1919,
as i have seen in many ESP have set envelope-from and Return-Path same.
is there a way we can achieve this in MW like to set sending server
From email as
[CAMPAIGN_UID]-[SUBSCRIBER_UID]@domain.com
without setting Return-Path
so envelope-from and Return-Path will be same?
as you conform that X-Force-Return-Path is no more supported by PHPMailer.
also i try my self before posting this and i got error on saving delivery server saying [ is not allowed in form address.
Thanks

That's set by the smtp server, we can set it in a way in mailwizz but it will be changed by the smtp server, so look into doing it from there.

@twisted1919,
who set the from address in email ? MW or some other server ?
i think we create sending server in MW and this server set from address
how can we set in delivery server ?
[CAMPAIGN_UID]-[SUBSCRIBER_UID]@domain.com
thanks

@twisted1919,
Yes i try this before posting and getting error,
got error on saving delivery server saying [ is not allowed in form address.

@AHK - Yeah, you are right, looking at it in the code it seems it's going to be very tricky to work around this, so for now i'll have to pass the feature :-s

It may need a side step to create that string from both parts ([CAMPAIGN_UID]-[SUBSCRIBER_UID]) before it is being used in the FROM field.

@roland - this can be done in mailwizz too, using latest version of the app, you can define a custom header in the delivery server settings, that is X-Force-Return-Path with a value of something like: [CAMPAIGN_UID]_[SUBSCRIBER_UID]@domain.com.
Now all the emails will have this return path which will get translated into something like: 12gduy12nhs12_55Mhydywel113@domain.com
And then your smtp server for domain.com must know how to deal with these emails when it receives them, it has to know how to split the email address to fetch the campaign id and the subscriber id and it has to know what to do with them. This is the actual tricky part.

Hi Twisted,

Does this still work I have tried it and it seems it just default to the set from address for the delivery server, it work when setting a static address:

This works:

1707898409801.png

This does not:

1707898445777.png

Back