Comparing Mailiwizz Click stats with Google Analytics and Bitly

It seems Mailwizz open and click tracking is not able to differentiate click/opens from firewalls, bots and other non-human agents. The open and click rates look quite bloated. I have my URL passing through bitly but the number on bitly are much lesser then the numbers shown on Mailwizz campaign.

Google analytics shows number even lesser then Bitly.

Any one knows if we can do something to avoid the numbers from firewalls/bots etc so we know real human opens and clicks.

Can we install some sort of firewall on Mailwizz linux server which does not take any clicks from bots ?

If you know the ip ranges you want to block, you can block them from Backend > Settings > Campaigns > Exclude IPs from tracking

I've just noticed a similarly skewed click rate. Most notable, I have 10 unsubscribes, but the unsubscribe link has been clicked on over 100 times. The tiniest footer link (i.e. the contact links) over 400 times, which is virtually impossible. The unique clicks are 189.

Annotation 2020-08-26 214933.png

I noticed that it happens when the AWS SNS (notification service) is not pointing at the MailWizz server, which needs to be done at the SES side.

Last edited:
Back