Can't run MailWizz on Godaddy shared server

Egor Ukoloff

Is anynody successfully running MailWizz on Godaddy shared server?

I am not able to even to get to the Confirmation tab in Campaigns trying to compose a simple plain text email getting this error:

Request Entity Too Large
The requested resource
/dunamailer/customer/index.php/campaigns/at904oe4j2d6e/template
does not allow request data with GET requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.
Additionally, a 413 Request Entity Too Large error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Godaddy says there is no way MailWizz can run on their shared servers due to MailWizz doing too many calls and using way too much of resources while developers tell me they have many users running Mailwizz on different shared servers including Godaddy...

And to buy a VPS defeats the purpose of saving money by switching from Getresponse to Mailiwizz

If someone is using Godaddy please let me know so I can take it with their support by letting them know there are Mailwizz users on shared servers.

Thank you!

Thank you for the response frm.mwz! The developers tell me there are many MailWizz users who run it on GoDaddy shared servers. Talking to Godaddy they say opposite that MailWizz can not run on my shared environment while I have upgraded resources and not a high usage of those. That's why I'm trying to find someone who's running MailWizz on Godaddy shared server successfully and find out what they did to make it happen.

Thank you for the response frm.mwz! The developers tell me there are many MailWizz users who run it on GoDaddy shared servers. Talking to Godaddy they say opposite that MailWizz can not run on my shared environment while I have upgraded resources and not a high usage of those. That's why I'm trying to find someone who's running MailWizz on Godaddy shared server successfully and find out what they did to make it happen.
Perhaps if it was that many, then some would have had questions and posted on the forum, but your thread is the only one with keywords "shared" AND "godaddy" it seems. Just trying to help, your choice. If you think a linode vps for $5/mth is not better than a shared godaddy...

Hello Egor,

Few months back, I had tried to run MW on Godaddy shared hosting and after a lot try have to shift MW to a VPS.

I saw this thread with 4 replies and thought to myself who's wasting their time on this? I haven't used GoDaddy hosting in 15 years and it's unthinkable that anyone would ever get the idea that they could run mailwizz on it either. To see the poster alleging that devs here would him is so crazy it couldn't possibly be true.

I've never seen someone post in these forums that comes across as acting suspiciously and as we have seen in the past week, the US rightly still aggressively pursues and prosecutes under SPAM laws, so I'd like to keep this gem of a program and sanctuary of a forum available for everyone. I'm refraining from any comments about what kind of business is one running where the cost of a VPS (even an expensive one) is somehow costing more than a GetResponse monthly plan?

Rob

Last edited:
In the end Godaddy was wrong, and mailwizz runs on their server, but as with any shared servers, don't expect performance.
But anyway, as @robthecomputerguy says, nowadays a VPS is cheap enough, comparable with some shared hosting plans even.

Back