Auto plain text issues

Rob Bruce

Hi,

So I'm playing more with MailWizz these days trying to learn more of it capabilities and learning about its issues aswell.

I've noticed some issues with Mail Wizz Auto plain text.
  1. sometimes no plain text version is created at all, just empty even when Auto plain text = Yes the emails are not complicated and have text and images but the plain text refuses to generate. Others are fine.
  2. When copying a campaign and then updating it's contents and saving it will not update the plain text version resulting in higher spam scores because the plain text version does not match the updated HTML version. Manually clearing the plain text and then saving will usually work but some time no plain text version is created like in my point #1.
Are these actual bugs or is there some hidden requirement for the auto plain text to work properly?

Thank you

I don't see these as bugs.
#1 - Indeed we might have difficulties with generating some plain text versions from existing templates. When this happens, one should add the content manually.
#2 - It is intended to work like this. We do not update automatically the plain text once created because we do not want to accidentally overwrite content the user would like to keep.

add the content manually
Can you please fix the removal of spaces before text starts on each line, as only then proper typesetting and formatting in plain text works, this has been requested many times. But perhaps you prefer to make it an option to remove those, so a button to tidy the preceding white space might do.

We do not update automatically the plain text once created because we do not want to accidentally overwrite content the user would like to keep.
Might be better to have a button 'recreate plain text based on current html' ;)
PS: ...forgot: go source, cut & paste back, plain text recreated!

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation now that I know why my emails were getting a high spam score I now know to keep my eyes open for the plain text version not really being automatic.

For your point #2: I would switch auto plain text off if I did not want my content to be messed with. But for automatic I assumed it would update on every save. Now that I know to look for this it's OK but I learned the hard way as most of my emails went to spam because the plain text content did not match the html content.

I'm not complaining here just learning...
Thank you for this excellent software.

I don't see these as bugs.
#1 - Indeed we might have difficulties with generating some plain text versions from existing templates. When this happens, one should add the content manually.
#2 - It is intended to work like this. We do not update automatically the plain text once created because we do not want to accidentally overwrite content the user would like to keep.

@Rob Bruce - Sorry for that, we might include some sort of alter to let people know they should keep their text version up-to-date.
Though, even if this sounds very bad, people really don't use text emails that much anymore, which is kind of a relief.

@Rob Bruce - Sorry for that, we might include some sort of alter to let people know they should keep their text version up-to-date.
Though, even if this sounds very bad, people really don't use text emails that much anymore, which is kind of a relief.
Can you please (requested a looong time ago)
fix the removal of spaces before text starts on each line, as only then proper typesetting and formatting in plain text works.
(But perhaps you prefer to make it an option to remove those, so a button to tidy the preceding white space might do.)
thx :)

Right. I did this today ;)
GREAT...this changes everything for certain (very good, record like, official, where html is not liked) use cases: i.e. to POSSIBLE, yay :)
Thank you so much!

PS: Can you make the patch available...so no long wait til next release?

Sure, unzip attached and put in apps/common/components/helpers/

Attachments

• CampaignHelper.php.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 5
Sure, unzip attached and put in apps/common/components/helpers/
thx, will test soon!

Looks good! Thx :)
The only characters of the ASCII128 that seem to get wiped out are
60 < &#60; &lt; Less than (or open angled bracket)
61 = &#61; Equals
62 > &#62; &gt; Greater than (or close angled bracket)

If this can be easily fixed, great, if not, perhaps later. Maybe it is an html filter that still runs taking the whole <...> out.

Last edited:
Back