All Emails Going To Spam - Can Someone Help Debug?

can you explain a little further? Do you mean each email should be unique/personalised in some way?
If you were to compare them, as high a percentage of different from the others as possible. Try to think of it as if it was a single email, a reply, a dialogue. So it could be different by using the recipients profile (see e.g. all CRM field data) and by how you talk uniquely with one another in this dialogue (which can be partially achieved by random content (the brain throws random suitable phrases in natural dialogue as well, and it is not always perfect and somewhat, repetitive among different dialogues)), and then keep thinking along these lines to come as close as possible to the uniqueness.

I think here is the secret.
This can be done partially by having even the mailto: URLs constructed with random subject lines. The other important factor is to become early a contact in the recipients address book. Remember the many guides to 'whitelisting' (really only re the address book and out of spam folder, has nothing to do with IP whitelisted network) that many good providers have and htat many good marketers make their subscribers follow when they are supposed to confirm before they get their signup bonus.

sent from elastic email. Assume it's a whitelisted IP network as that's their core offering.
EE is definitely commercial email, bulk email, ecommerce, internet marketer email and transactional. And they have different IP blocks (quality). But it is not whitelisted. So if you look at the big players who have the personal/individual (non-company) mailboxes for the masses (gmail, yahoo, etc), then ESPs like EE (incl sendgrid, amazonses, sparkpost, etc), then the company IP blocks (definitely commercial, whether sending or not), and the few whitelisted networks (usually only for DOI, and with strict rules and very long build-up periods, and regular re-checks to maintain membership), then you can see the difference.
However, gmail and gsuite still would look at the other above factors, and no-interaction-emails would still be classed down. Sometimes it might be easier to build your own whitelisted IP block than to try to join one (e.g. if they deny membership). If truly whitelisted, your email will bypass the spam filter of many providers unchecked, faces less speed limits, and lands in the inbox. Only complaints can harm (though DOI defends against them mostly) or serious screw-ups (i.e exceptional mistakes or tech fails).

WOW - thanks for that detailed explanation! You certainly go beyond and above and I really appreciate it. This will help many forum members, as it seems a few of us are quite stuck with deliverability!

From what I understand my next action steps are:

Phase 1: Content Improvements:

1) Personalise subject lines with CRM tags.
2) Use multiple blocks/spintax in body so they're all unique.
3) making mailto: unique. Where do I do this in MW?

Phase 2: Becoming a Contact
become early a contact in the recipients address book.
- is this by asking them to add you?
- I've never done this to any emails I've ever received and I assume 95% of people don't do that. So maybe I'm misunderstanding this?
- I've seen lots of 'whitelist' and add me to 'safe senders' type emails but I assume 95% of people don't do this, so I doubt Google can use this as a major signal. Unless you're referring to something else?

then ESPs like EE (incl sendgrid, amazonses, sparkpost, etc)
I think I'm misunderstanding something as I thought that's what these businesses core offering is to get emails delivered into inboxes and out of spam folders, but you seem to be saying they might have bad ips?
- is my understanding correct that you're saying these don't have whitelisted IPs?
- if so, when should these type services be used?
- is this (https://postmarkapp.com/blog/the-false-promises-of-dedicated-ips) something different entirely?

few whitelisted networks (usually only for DOI,
- I don't know what you mean here and how they differ from EE & sparkpost ESPs? Do you have an example one I can check out?

Loving all the new learning here! Can't wait to try it out and see how it goes on my next batch! :)

making mailto: unique. Where do I do this in MW?
just use the camp tags, e.g. fname, random, etc
- is this by asking them to add you?
yes
I assume 95% of people don't do that
if the bonus depends on it and if they really want more of your stuff for sure, they do
I doubt Google can use this as a major signal
gmail and other such providers check if the sender is in the contacts and if there were replies, so then it works
I thought that's what these businesses core offering is to get emails delivered into inboxes and out of spam folders, but you seem to be saying they might have bad ips?
they have different IP realms, and put you as far as they can into the one that fits best, to avoid harm (to themselves)
is my understanding correct that you're saying these don't have whitelisted IPs?
usually they do not have whitelisted IPs, since they cannot guarantee DOI and have many transactional emails and b2b
when should these type services be used?
if you have nothing better, and in general if your recipients are really requesting your emails, and are responsive, it should work relatively well, but always also dependent on the group you are in (same IP users)
it is neither whitelisted nor not non-commercial (ie it is commercial), it refers to the group idea, which can help you (stability), but also weigh you down a bit
I don't know what you mean here
they do not send tens of billions per month, and require DOI (double optin and GDPR compliance, etc)
how they differ from EE & sparkpost ESPs?
these two and similar ones have many single optin or b2b or transactional emails, etc, see above as mentioned in earlier post
Do you have an example one I can check out?
feel free to PM me if all you want to send over these whitelisted networks is truly DOI

Alex, did you ever figure this out and get back in to the inbox? This thread seemed to die off. Interested in hearing what ended up working for you.

Back