Abuse / FBL with Postal

volster

Hi

Apologies if i'm asking a stupid question, but i was hoping someone could sanity-check me.

I'm trying to setup Mailwizz with postal (via API) - I've got it delivering mails and after pulling my hair out discovered that the actual dswh-id is in the info screen rather than just being the id number for the server, so bounces are now working too (welp)

The only thing i'm still struggling to setup is the complaint side of things. At the moment i've gone and made a HTTP endpoint with postal using the same dswh-postal as for the webhook, then made 3 routes for abuse@, FBL@ and postmaster@ and pointed them at the endpoint.

Is this correct, or is none of this required and it will all be done by the webhook, or should i still have the addresses within routes but set to "accept with no endpoint" rather than pointed at the HTTP endpoint?

Sadly i can't seem to get gmail to make a complaint by clicking "report as spam" in my own inbox - sending a regular email to fbl@ results in a successful status 200 though (although it was doing that for bounces when i had the wrong ID so i'm not 100% certain if it's actually working or not - is there was better way i can test to make sure it is?)

Additionally - At the moment if i go to the customer section > campaigns > abuse reports - The page loads and says "no results found" - However if i click refresh i get a 404 error. (refreshing the abuse campaigns page works without issue, it's just the reports one)

404.JPG

Is this expected because there's nothing there for it to report on yet, or is something wrong with my setup?

Many thanks

P.s the link to the feedback server list on https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/feedback-loop-servers/ now just goes to a generic sparkpost page

Last edited:
The only thing i'm still struggling to setup is the complaint side of things. At the moment i've gone and made a HTTP endpoint with postal using the same dswh-postal as for the webhook, then made 3 routes for abuse@, FBL@ and postmaster@ and pointed them at the endpoint.
Looking at https://docs.postalserver.io/developer/webhooks they don't seem to send events for complaints, so you might want to check with them first.

Additionally - At the moment if i go to the customer section > campaigns > abuse reports - The page loads and says "no results found" - However if i click refresh i get a 404 error. (refreshing the abuse campaigns page works without issue, it's just the reports one)
We fixed this, will be available in the next release ;)

Back