500 Internal Error when Importing Subscribers

mailerwolf

I'm trying to import a list of 100,000 subscribers and getting a 500 error. It usually happens around the 30 sec mark and I already did some tweaking to php.ini. Also have mailwizz on webmin/virtualmin. Any help is appreciated.

I'm trying to import a list of 100,000 subscribers and getting a 500 error. It usually happens around the 30 sec mark and I already did some tweaking to php.ini. Also have mailwizz on webmin/virtualmin. Any help is appreciated.
Make sure all your email addresses on the list are at least structurally correct, better even RFC compliant.

Hi
For "import at once": use a lower value, example 20,000 pause 5 seconds and why use CLI? maybe disable that
Then you can import ,

And Then you can check if you can improve your php.ini values

The default setting for import at once is 100 and my guess is, there's a good reason for that. Why did you change it to 100000? I can't see any point in that except that you are causing timeout and 500 errors. And why set the memory limit to 256MB? Maybe the value is too low? I am no expert, but I imported 200k list with the default settings without any hitch.
Why use these numbers? Speed the import? What's the point?
Try going back to default, like 100 or 200 at once. This will load a batch of 100, process them and go on to the next 100.

Server load will be way too high if you try to load 100k subs at once into a batch for processing. IMO

I did all the suggested import setting tweaks recommended in this thread with the attach screen shot of it. The reason behind all the maxed out settings was I thought it would increase speed of the functions. I guess another question I have is that does malwizz recquire multiple fields in the csv or can it just be e-mail for each line? Last note is my csv is ANSI format and uses CR + LF format for line breaks so I was curious what everyone else formats are?

Attachments

• settings2.jpg
    settings2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 15
It can be only email, but if you only have email addresses then put them into a txt file - that way you will have no headaches about how to format.

I did all the suggested import setting tweaks recommended in this thread with the attach screen shot of it. The reason behind all the maxed out settings was I thought it would increase speed of the functions. I guess another question I have is that does malwizz recquire multiple fields in the csv or can it just be e-mail for each line? Last note is my csv is ANSI format and uses CR + LF format for line breaks so I was curious what everyone else formats are?
Re settings, start with 100, then go to 200, 500, 1k, 10k, more than that seems to cause hickups depending on server strength.
Re file format, if you use notepad++ then the default file format will do (and disable MIME checking in backend just in case).
Re file structure, one email per line is fine, or see the in-app downloadable examples.
But the 500 errors can easily come if not all emails are in RFC compliant format, so run it through a structure/syntax checker (first or when errors happen, as mwz catches some and displays them, but on others it chokes immediately and stops importing without nicely displayed error, but with a web server error).

Back