Amazon SES authentication issue

Unable to determine service/operation name to be authorized
This sporadically happens for some AWS accounts, it's not because of your settings but because some weird behavior in amazons end.
If you are absolutely sure you have followed the video in details, then it should work perfectly fine, tested this dozens times already. If it does not work and keeps giving that particular error, then ask AWS support what's the deal., i don't think i can do more to fix it since i can't reproduce it.

Yes..getting the same error all the time.. the video is self-explanatory so it's not difficult to follow..

We verified the domain on Amazon SES..got removed from the Sandbox and all set but keep getting the same error.. for Amazon SES Web API part..
the AMAzon SMTP doesn't give any error but it's not sending any email for validation either..

We have all the other servers up and running fine but not sure where could be the problem for Amazon.

Btw.. how do we add the header for Content-Type?? as in Content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

@Ron - Have you tried contact amazon support?

Btw.. how do we add the header for Content-Type?? as in Content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
You don't. Mailwizz uses Amazon SDK to send along the data to the amazon servers, so that SDK does all the job.

Support is not available on the free plan and until the error gets resolved..no plans of purchasing credits ....Anyone on the forum can contact the support team to check with this error??

>>Unable to determine service/operation name to be authorized

Just crossed my mind, in case you haven't, can you maybe switch the region, generate new user/keys and see if that makes any difference?

Nope, the same error.. I'll go crazy when you seem to be helpless...

I have all the other servers configured perfectly except this Amazon and not being able to recieve any support to configure this correctly..

Can you let me know which file calls this amazon configuration??

Have the domain verified, have the email address verified, being removed from sandbox, credit limit increased..user created, policies attached, generated credentials, and pasted them properly on mailwizz..not sure what am I missing which gives me this error

• Unable to determine service/operation name to be authorized

Has MW created an SNS Topic in your amazon console? Searching google points to the fact you might not have the proper credentials on your AWS user account to allow MW to create the SNS Topic.

There is no SNS topic on my account.. what needs to be done?? or am I missing something.. Credentials are just fine because there's nothing extraordinary than creating the user and pasting the access key and id correctly that too multiple times...

Whats with SNS now??

As it states at the bottom of the Delivery Server Overview page:

"Note: We will also try to create a SNS Topic and subscribe this delivery server to that SNS Topic, so make sure your amazon username has enough rights for this, otherwise you will not be able to activate the delivery server."

The SNS Topic is your callback address so AWS knows where to send data. Did you provide your user credentials which allow it to do things with SNS?

Can you also provide a screenshot of the place you receive the error message.

Here you go..

Attachments

• screenshot-googly net 2015-08-26 22-54-31.png
    screenshot-googly net 2015-08-26 22-54-31.png
    116.4 KB · Views: 22
  • screenshot-console aws amazon com 2015-08-26 22-55-47.png
    screenshot-console aws amazon com 2015-08-26 22-55-47.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 21
No SNS Topic is being created..

Attachments

• screenshot-us-west-2 console aws amazon com 2015-08-26 23-00-41.png
    screenshot-us-west-2 console aws amazon com 2015-08-26 23-00-41.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 12
@Ron - If you want, i can take a look inside your amazon account and in your mailwizz backend area to see if i find something wrong. I'll need the login details in a PM if you want me to do this.

Just an update for those that hit the same issue, i tried the credentials on my server and they worked just fine which suggests that there might be a firewall between your server and amazon ones, so in this case, i believe only amazon staff can tell why the requests fail.

Reactions: Rob
Back