Un-pausing a recurring Regular Campaign sends emails from the "pause period." Can this be avoided?

Topher

Please pardon me if this is obvious but I have not been able to figure it out.

tl;dr if I pause a recurring campaign and unpause it, emails that would have been sent during the pause are sent upon unpause. I'd like this not to happen.

Details:

1. I have a Regular Campaign set up to invite people to a weekly coaching call. It is set to recurring on Mondays at 10AM.

2. If the coaching call is canceled on a particular Monday, I "pause" the sending of the campaign. This way my clients do not get an invitation for a meeting that isn't happening.

3. When I "unpause" the campaign on, say, Wednesday, the email that was supposed to go out on Monday gets sent right then. My clients then think there is a coaching call on Wednesday (there is not).

4. Worse, I paused the campaign for a month over the summer. When I unpaused it, 4 instances of the campaign got queued and sent in rapid order.

So, is there a way to "skip" sending one or more instances of a recurring Regular Campaign? Perhaps pausing is not the answer here.

Thank you in advance.

With gratitude,
Topher

if I pause a recurring campaign and unpause it, emails that would have been sent during the pause are sent upon unpause
This is the expected and correct behavior. Skipping users because the campaign has been paused would not be acceptable.

For your use case, I advise simply creating a new campaign and then in the new campaign, just exclude people that received/opened the previous one, MailWizz offers you this ability.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer. I am grateful.

May I please ask for some clarification?

I have a campaign that sends an email to 100 recipients every Monday at 10AM.

If I wanted to *skip* a Monday, are you advising that I create a new campaign?

Thanks so much, again, for the assistance.

Chris

If I wanted to *skip* a Monday, are you advising that I create a new campaign?
You can update campaign and select send date to be next Monday after Monday skipped. For example if you want to skip next Monday which is 13/10 after last sent update campaign and select sent at to be 17/10.

You also find another example how recurring campaigns working here: https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/recurring-campaigns/

Back