VirtualMin Name Server IP

az4231

Hi,

I have mailwizz setup on my own VPS server using Virtualmin.

I would like to use multiple IPs when sending out emails, having them rotate.

While I see I can add multiple Virtual Servers with different domains/sub domains and add their own IP, I still see in the email header the same shared IP address coming from the same name server at the top of header under "received:"

While below that it will show the unique IP associated with the domain/sub domain.

Is this something that I cannot avoid? Is this how it is suppose to work? Will that main shared IP be blacklisted if it is showing at the top of the email header associated with the name server?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you for your time!

Your Issue is not related to Mailwizz.

You have to configure SMTP. Basically virtulmin use Postfix as MTA. You can configure each IP into sub domain with a new virtual server. Then add all smtp into mailwizz and use them from mailwizz.

Otherwise you have to configure IP rotation on Postfix or Configure Exim or other MTA. The easiest way is configure SMTP with PowerMTA.

Your Issue is not related to Mailwizz.

You have to configure SMTP. Basically virtulmin use Postfix as MTA. You can configure each IP into sub domain with a new virtual server. Then add all smtp into mailwizz and use them from mailwizz.

Otherwise you have to configure IP rotation on Postfix or Configure Exim or other MTA. The easiest way is configure SMTP with PowerMTA.

Thank you.

So the host name IP at the top of an email header will always be there, and that won't be the IP that can get blacklisted, but the IP associated with the SMTP sender domain?

virtualmin_create_virtual_server.png

When you create virtual server under " IP address and forward" you can find ip address. it basically use default ip address. if you want to use custom ip then select it. also you can use edit / change ip address option to change ip address of existing server.
( first you have to add / install all ips )

then you can create virtual servers like this
server1.mysite.com x.x.x.x
server2.mysite.com x.x.x.y
server3.mysite.com x.x.x.z

then each smtp use unique ip which you define on there.
currently your all smtp use default ip. its the issue. so use unique ip per virtual server.
then add all smtp into mailwizz and use them.

i think you already know about mailwizz sending cycle. it's rotate server per xxx amount. xxx amount you can setup from settings of mailwizz.

virtualmin_create_virtual_server.png

When you create virtual server under " IP address and forward" you can find ip address. it basically use default ip address. if you want to use custom ip then select it. also you can use edit / change ip address option to change ip address of existing server.
( first you have to add / install all ips )

then you can create virtual servers like this
server1.mysite.com x.x.x.x
server2.mysite.com x.x.x.y
server3.mysite.com x.x.x.z

then each smtp use unique ip which you define on there.
currently your all smtp use default ip. its the issue. so use unique ip per virtual server.
then add all smtp into mailwizz and use them.

i think you already know about mailwizz sending cycle. it's rotate server per xxx amount. xxx amount you can setup from settings of mailwizz.

Thank you for your help.

Back