Bounces are not Tracking Now

Eric535

So I cleaned up my server. Deleted a bunch of old campaigns. Had 350 of them and now I have around 40. My delivery speed has went up tremendously.

Now for some reason my bounces aren't being tracked. See snapshot.

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 7.10.03 PM.jpg

Do your cron jobs for bounce handling work?
Check them in backend > misc > cron jobs history.
Also, did you check your bounce box, do you have any emails there which mailwizz could process?

Do your cron jobs for bounce handling work?
Check them in backend > misc > cron jobs history.
Also, did you check your bounce box, do you have any emails there which mailwizz could process?

Looks like the cron is working properly.. See snap. How do I check the bounce box?
Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 11.43.58 AM.jpg

"Bottom line, if you see your bounce server has the status “cron-running” for more than 30 minutes, then you can go to your applicaction"

Where do I find this? My crons jobs history looks good. Is this somewhere else?

Should I reset my bounce servers anyway? I know I got bounces (like around 2000) because I see them in my email. I dont remember ever seeing them there. But doesnt amazon handle that?

Here: Backend->Servers->Bounce Servers check the status.

P.S. There is a global search in the app you can use to find pretty much you need. For example, if you need to search about bounce, just use the keyword 'bounce' and you will get something like in the attachment

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-10-18 at 08.50.39.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-18 at 08.50.39.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 20
Here: Backend->Servers->Bounce Servers check the status.

P.S. There is a global search in the app you can use to find pretty much you need. For example, if you need to search about bounce, just use the keyword 'bounce' and you will get something like in the attachment

Thanks for the search tip. But after looking at my bounce server I found I didnt have any bounce servers. Never did have any. Amazon takes care of all of that.

Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 1.54.05 AM.jpg

@twisted1919

I really need to get this fixed. I can send any emails until I fix this issue.

Im also noticing that I amazon is sending me emails now for bounces which I dont remember receiving before.

See snapshot.Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 3.59.44 PM.jpg

@Eric535 - When you use amazon ses web api from mailwizz, we setup a sns topic and we subscribe your amazon verified email to that sns topic so that amazon sends the notifications for that email to a url where mailwizz processes them.
In your case you get emails, and this is because either you don't use amazon ses web api but smtp, case in which you have to switch to using the web api, or you did changes to your email address in amazon and changed the notification type from sns to email and this is the result, case in which, edit your amazon email and change the notification type, select sns and make it go to the sns mailwizz has created for you already.

@Eric535 - When you use amazon ses web api from mailwizz, we setup a sns topic and we subscribe your amazon verified email to that sns topic so that amazon sends the notifications for that email to a url where mailwizz processes them.
In your case you get emails, and this is because either you don't use amazon ses web api but smtp, case in which you have to switch to using the web api, or you did changes to your email address in amazon and changed the notification type from sns to email and this is the result, case in which, edit your amazon email and change the notification type, select sns and make it go to the sns mailwizz has created for you already.

I been using the API for years. I do not use the SMTP. Nor have I changed any emails with amazon. I dont even know where to find this info you speak of. I was getting desperate and was about to setup the amazon API again but I could not find the documentation that I used before to set it up.

So what do you want me to do now?

Nor have I changed any emails with amazon.
Something changed, otherwise you wouldn't get those emails.

See https://www.michaelwilding.com/amazon-ses-how-its-done/ for a guide on how to add amazon ses web api in mailwizz, it's not really rocket science. Make sure you remove the servers from mailwizz but also the sns topics from amazon, then add new servers, and mailwizz will create the right sns topics and all.

I dont even know where to find this info you speak of
This is a good place: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/ses/lat...html#configure-feedback-notifications-console Maybe check your amazon emails before anything else and see if you can change the settings before removing and adding the delivery servers in mailwizz again.

Something changed, otherwise you wouldn't get those emails.

See https://www.michaelwilding.com/amazon-ses-how-its-done/ for a guide on how to add amazon ses web api in mailwizz, it's not really rocket science. Make sure you remove the servers from mailwizz but also the sns topics from amazon, then add new servers, and mailwizz will create the right sns topics and all.

Remove the delivery servers?

Do you want me to remove these SNS entries show below?

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 3.10.49 AM.jpg

Ok. So the bounces work now. But I open emails and even unsubscribed and the Tracking Stats read 0. But the top clicked links show the links I clicked on.

On the delivery server to i have to setup a tracking domain even though im using the amazon api?

Ok. So the bounces work now. But I open emails and even unsubscribed and the Tracking Stats read 0. But the top clicked links show the links I clicked on.
It takes a bit of time for those counters to be updated, you can click on them, even if they say 0, and you will see the details page with the actual numbers and records.

On the delivery server to i have to setup a tracking domain even though im using the amazon api?
Nope, tracking domains are optional, you don't need one unless you really really want to use one to change your urls in emails. But keep in mind tracking domains require server side changes.

Tried deleting the delivery server and got the following error.
You got too many records in the database for that delivery server, we need to make sure delivery servers get removed from the web interface and deleted like campaigns and lists, in the background. I created an issue for this and will implement it for 2.0

@Eric535, did you ever get this to work properly? I'm having the same issue with SES and no more bounces coming in since I switched over from SparkPost, where it worked fine.

Back