General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away

Trying to run a campaign and its getting stuck at 31%.

I have checked the application logs and its full of messages saying General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away.

I have recently upgraded from 1.5.1 to the latest version, other than that there are no changes other than added new subs to lists.

I have restarted the server and tried several times to restart the campaign. The server is a dedicated server running at AWS using SMTP2Go as a delivery server. Never had any issues before but i have upgraded.

Any idea's ?

just added the two innodb lines ( were they supposed to be there already ? ) and changed max connections to 500... re-started SQL and still getting the following error

2019/03/22 18:03:25 [error] [system.db.CDbCommand] CDbCommand::execute() failed: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away. The SQL statement executed was: UPDATE `mw_campaign` SET `status`=:status, `last_updated`=NOW() WHERE campaign_id = :cid.
2019/03/22 18:03:25 [error] [application] CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away
2019/03/22 18:03:25 [error] [application] CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away

Any more idea's

What's your sending settings from backend > settings > cron ? (show a screenshot)
Also, how about your server resources, ram/cpu/storage?

here you go..

upload_2019-3-22_18-28-58.png

The server is a dedicated AWS EC2 T2.Medium, 4Gb RAM & 2 cores. Have only sent 1 campaign out today which is the one that is having the issue and max CPU usage has never gone over 25%. The server normally runs fine and the only thing i have done recently is upgraded to latest version of Mail Wizz. Our PHP version is 7.0.33-0ubuntu0.16.04.2

The sending settings are pretty low, they should not be a problem.
Did you enable pcntl sending in backend > settings > cron ?

Hmm, put it back on disabled, i asked because generally that will eat some resources.

Okay, in same page( backend > settings > cron ) what's the setting for "Delete delivery logs" ?
If it's set to No, can you set it to Yes? Then when the cron job runs at midnight, it will clean your database a lot, which should avoid this issue.

If you don't want to wait till midnight, you can manually run the cron job yourself from ssh.
If in backend > misc > cron jobs list, your cron job for daily looks like:
Code:
0 0 * * * /usr/bin/php -q /var/www/vhosts/newsletter.onetwist.com/httpdocs/apps/console/console.php daily >/dev/null 2>&1
Then from ssh, run:
Code:
/usr/bin/php -q /var/www/vhosts/newsletter.onetwist.com/httpdocs/apps/console/console.php daily --verbose=1

If none of those work, open a ticket with backend url and login and ssh access to the server and i'll take a look.

Ok so i have disabled the PCNTL again and checked the delete delivery log setting. This was set to no so i have changed to yes and ran the cron job manually. I resumed the campaign and still stuck, i checked the application log and still getting the error message saying SQL Server has gone away.

I create a ticket so you can check the backend config.

Thanks

Back