Possible new design for MailWizz, opinions?

Should we go for the new design?

• Yes, new design looks much better than the current one, go for it!

Votes: 103 81.7%
  • Nope, i like existing design more, do not change it!

Votes: 23 18.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
First, let me say that I have yet to really get into MailWizz, and have very little experience with it. After reading the comments, it sounds like the application does not use templates and css for design, which would give us control over the look and feel, at least to some degree. If so, then I'm very surprised. I thought templates and css were standard these days.

I will add my support for a call for easier USE of the program, which has been one of the reasons I haven't fully explored it. It's obvious it has been built around the programming logic rather than around the user experience. Changing this will require a significant mind shift in the development, and may even require a complete rewrite.

Videos and proper documentation will help, though, and may be good enough to get folks like me up and running. Another option would be a series of articles to explain the "how to" for common tasks.

I definitely agree with most of the other comments that say that UX improvements are much more needed than UI changes. Personally I think that the solid colors we have now are superior to the new gradients being considered. If anything, I would like to see rounded corners and friendlier looking forms. The new design does not improve the look of the input boxes or the actual functional parts of MailWizz.

Most of all, I would like to get the graphs back! You took away the graphs a year ago and promised they would be back but they are not back yet

Dully noted about the UX stuff, for anyone pointing it out so far, we're also planning changes in this area to make things simpler.
We are also thinking to do more videos to help more.

Problem with UX is that the entire app is just too huge and it gives a lot of configuration options, this makes it super hard to get a simpler UX, but we're open to suggestions, as always.
Dear twisted. We know that this is not easy to make it but there are common known best practices while making e-mail marketing app. Also I need to add that I am not talking about backend admin panel. I am talking about the end-user panel. Maybe you can just move the advanced settings to the "Advanced tab" while sending email or adding new list. If you will decide some default values for this inputs it is going to be much more easy for you.

The color scheme is interesting, slightly changed the design. At the same time, I agree with other users that you need to move gradually towards the UX

Please, we need a option for change color scheme according with our logos colors or customers logos colors. Using Bootstrap to build the new design will make very easy!

Thanks!!!

The new color combination is bad. These gradient colos are so passe old fashioned. Please don't change. More important is UX update. Also some split test facility if possible. Also rectify the Email limit in Customer Group so that it works. IMHO the new colors are really bad. Sorry :(

In as much as I like the new design, I will vote for functionalities all day. Functions like ecommerce integrations, a logic flochart creator for automated email responses etc, so in my case I will any day vote for functionality over interface, though the UX thingy too is very important.

In as much as I like the new design, I will vote for functionalities all day. Functions like ecommerce integrations, a logic flochart creator for automated email responses etc, so in my case I will any day vote for functionality over interface, though the UX thingy too is very important.
Check the image attached and you will see a great example of how to build an automated responses etc, nice and clean.

Attachments

• automation-repeated.jpg
    automation-repeated.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 32
I think you need to focus on not UI but UX. The current design is not enough good for end users. Technically of course mailwizz is the best but looking from the design point of view I advise you to look at [redacted. we know.].

I must say that I agree with that. It's not intuitive. We have been forced to build a process for signing up and also other things.

The orig MW gives the impression of that it's designed by a technician, not by someone who focuses on user experience.
No offense.

(you didn't ask for this, but I know that my devs would love to see the plugin architecture be improved :) )

Last edited:
@twisted1919 I would agree with others here. I think the design looks nice, however I can't see any benefit except it looking nice. An improved UX however would be massively beneficial, there's a huge amount of settings and flexibility within the software, but a lot of the settings and features can be hard to find, or need to be changed in multiple places, making it confusing. I would much prefer it if the UX was the major focus to make it easier to find and use functionality.

So far seems the UX beats the UI priority wise, we're here to listen :)
We're just throwing ideas in the office now based on your comments and an idea just popped up, a realtime search functionality a lá CPanel, where you can search everything in the app and get exact results with direct links to go to the right place in no time. I think that would be an absolute winner if implemented correctly.

(wrote this next paragraph after reading michael's, but before reading twisted's comments above) Agreed, and in that spirit, maybe have some 'find as you type' functionality which would search all app options and their popup texts, and then allow to quickly go there (click on it, choice of default either same or new tab).

(by now i read through all the above, and the next paragraph will have some similar parts as well)
But re UX, the first thing I would suggest is graphical drag and drop of the AR/drip/camp mail flow (as some other apps have). This is hugely appreciated by marketing folks (who are mainly concerned with the recipients' experience design), who are rather confused by the many options, even though they of course also appreciate them being there (and techies are super happy with the many options already and keep suggesting more).
(Re functionality, the key thingy missing is...ABX testing, but you know that. But this here is re design, yet that feature should be there before any design change, as it is oooooverdue ;) )

Definitely make the customizations optional, ideally not just theme choice as a whole, but major parts could have color, gradient, font, size choices (a bit like theme design, and savable of course), etc (i.e. not each dialogue, but the major classes of elements, so maybe a dozen or two, but no overkill).

So all in all, reinforcing the UX focus with simplification for the customer end mostly, the ABX testing, the automation design, and least a fixed new theme.

But no matter what, MailWizz is already amazing :cool:

Last edited:
The design is not the problem here. I can design it by myself and I think most of us can do it. I think you have to focus more on adding new features. I have used 3 years ago a software called GreenArrow Studio, a self-hosted software like mailwizz but very superior compared to any email sending software I have ever used. You can check their documentation here: http://docs.drh.net/greenarrow-studio/ for all their features and the design too you can request a demo to study their software.
Sorry if I am off topic.
Thank you!

I think it is not a good idea to lead only by appearances. What's new? for example: a better CSS framework?

Colors and fonts are only CSS. A better idea is implement themes or an easy possibility to change styles.

UI needs help and documentation.

We'd also developed our own theme for MW and got some issue related to extendable MW features so this theme is difficult to released as an extensions.

Attachments

• 13-12-2018 9-44-12 AM.jpg
    13-12-2018 9-44-12 AM.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 13-12-2018 9-44-22 AM.jpg
    13-12-2018 9-44-22 AM.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 13-12-2018 9-44-46 AM.jpg
    13-12-2018 9-44-46 AM.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 13-12-2018 9-42-15 AM.jpg
    13-12-2018 9-42-15 AM.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 40
Hi all
Hope everything is going fine around there,

Would be nice to take a look over:
1. Make an option to pick date for quota resets (and show current next reset day)
2. Fix the amount of quota days for monthly resets based which month is selected.
3. If possible include a list of opened campaigns for an specific subscriber when we see the info resume over that subscriber. If possible include custom fields.

Thats all i remember right now

Colors and desing doesnt matter, im sure theres a few more options/features that we can include..campaigns filters maybe idk..

Have a great December for everyone.. cya all

I am very new to Mailwizz, having only purchased about a week ago, so I've still got a steep learning curve ahead ... but my initial thoughts are that changing the colours, style of buttons, and other such minor changes, wouldn't improve my use of the software.

Eye-candy isn't very important to me .... I'd much rather see time spent on improving the feature set.

Mailwizz is an extremely powerful and flexible software ... hence why I purchased it ... hope you'd rather use available resources enhancing and improving the usability rather than merely changing the colours,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back