forsit

Dear all,

I just bought a license for Mailwizz and did some testing around. I must say, its really a great tool. Thanks to the developpers !

Here are my questions. I already search around but didn't find any answers.
  • In the template editor, you can add a block for social sharing. I noticed that it uses the service "Addthis" and that the links generated are bound to an Addthis account. It seems to me that this is a form of tracking and I don't want any tracking for now. So, is it possible to use the social sharing block without using addthis ? Or to hide the social sharing block from the template editor ?
  • Is it possible to hide / delete template tags, so I can narrow the tag usable by my customers to a very limited subset only ?
  • I set up a mailbox monitor for unsubscribe. And it works well apart from the fact that the subscriber does not receive a confirmation e-mail for unsubscribing. Can I enable this somewhere ?
  • Is it possible to modify some e-mail headers set by Mailwizz. In particular "List-Unsubscribe", "X-Report-Abuse" and "EBS" ?
Thanks in advance for your answers.

@forsit - Welcome :)

In the template editor, you can add a block for social sharing. I noticed that it uses the service "Addthis" and that the links generated are bound to an Addthis account. It seems to me that this is a form of tracking and I don't want any tracking for now. So, is it possible to use the social sharing block without using addthis ? Or to hide the social sharing block from the template editor ?
I guess the block would have to br rewritten to not use add this, and to be honest is really hard to do safe sharing from emails without a 3rd-party service.
If that's really something you cannot live without we can look at alternatives., but i don't really se a problem in using as is.

Is it possible to hide / delete template tags, so I can narrow the tag usable by my customers to a very limited subset only ?
Well, most of those template tags will be shown based on your email list custom fields. If you want to remove the other ones, we can teahc you how to do it programatically, there are no option in the app for this.

I set up a mailbox monitor for unsubscribe. And it works well apart from the fact that the subscriber does not receive a confirmation e-mail for unsubscribing. Can I enable this somewhere ?
Any reason for why not using the regular unsubscribe process ? or is this smth you use together with the regular unsub process?
Anyway, you should be able to setup an autoresponder from your plesk/cpanel for that email box and auto-reply to subscribers...

Is it possible to modify some e-mail headers set by Mailwizz. In particular "List-Unsubscribe", "X-Report-Abuse" and "EBS" ?
Yes there is, programatically. See https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/list-unsubscribe-modify.453/#post-2431 as an example.

Hope it helps...

Hi !
Thanks for your quick answer !

I guess the block would have to br rewritten to not use add this, and to be honest is really hard to do safe sharing from emails without a 3rd-party service.
If that's really something you cannot live without we can look at alternatives., but i don't really se a problem in using as is.
Our wish would be to be able to guarantee the subscribers that we won't track them.

Well, most of those template tags will be shown based on your email list custom fields. If you want to remove the other ones, we can teahc you how to do it programatically, there are no option in the app for this.
Ok, not a big deal. We can live with that.

Any reason for why not using the regular unsubscribe process ? or is this smth you use together with the regular unsub process?
The main reason is that we want to protect our instance of Mailwizz so that it remains on a protected subnet, not accessible from the Internet. In order to accomplish this we need a functional unsubscribe process through e-mail.
Anyway, you should be able to setup an autoresponder from your plesk/cpanel for that email box and auto-reply to subscribers...
Yes, that could be a workaround. But we first have to make sure that we can configure that on our mailbox (Exchange server behind). But this is not a very clean way to proceed: the automatic answer would fire independently from the unsubscribe process.
As there is already a whole opt out process using unsubscribe links and sending unsubscribe e-mails, would it be a big deal to implement such a functionnality ?

I will look into this.

Hope it helps...
It does, thanks a lot for your answer.

Btw, I have an other question : I am trying to set up my email box monitor using the "subscriber uid" option to track the right subscriber in the right list. But it does not seem to work. Does it rely on email headers only ? Or is it possible to include this uid somewhere in the mail body ? I tried to add the [SUBSCRIBER_UID] tag, but it doesn't seem to be enough.
Using the e-mail address as unique identifier is working, but unsubcribes the person from all lists.

Back