How you folks offer Mailwizz as a service?

Chris Falkenstein

Hello all,

I'd like to direct this to those of you who use Mailwizz as a service. I have a couple questions I'd like to ask the community here. I also want to share my personal preference.

01. How are you folks setting up the pricing? Do you have pricing tiers based on the number of subscribers or perhaps the number of emails you send out in a day?

02. How do you handle the email service (ex. Amazon SES or Mandrill). Do you setup say a new Amazon SES account for each new customer and manage it or do you make that the sole responsibly of the customer?

---

This is how I would like to set this up:

I'd like to offer 3 tiers based on the number of subscribers
  1. Up to 25,000 subscribers - $50/mo + $0.20 per 1,000 emails sent
  2. Up to 50,000 subscribers - $100/mo + $0.20 per 1,000 emails sent
  3. Up to 100,000 subscribers - $150/mo + $0.20 per 1,000 emails sent
I do not wish to require the customer to setup a Amazon SES account. The clients honestly don't know about such things and would prefer not to fuss with it. Furthermore I'd like to markup the price of sending the emails on-demand so it would seem that I would need to manage it and pay the tab.

Ideally I'd like to use one Amazon SES account to send out email for everyone, but you're limited on how many emails you can send out in a day. The clients could very well exceed the quota my one SES account offers. Another negative is that you could potentially have your SES account terminated if one of your customers is not managing their bounces, etc. properly. So disconnecting each customer with a separate SES account seems to be the best approach.

So I like this setup but it does come with some pains... You have to manage multiple SES accounts AND there's not built-in feature that Mailwizz offers that can keep track of how many emails the clients sends out and charge them on demand. I could charge the fixed amount, but there's no means to charge based on how many they sent.

--

So I'm curious to see what you folks do when offering Mailwizz as a service. Maybe there's something out there that I have not explored.

Thanks.

We have a pricing plan generator which creates two dimensional pricing plans and what determines the prices are the base price for the features & the pricing per number of messages per month. With this we then apply our customized formula on to get the price (customers who uses more messages per months pays more for the features). What we show out are price plans with the messages and prices i a dropdown menu. Under that the features included.

A feature can be e.g. CRM Integration, e-Commerce Integration, Bulk SMS, A/B Testing, Workflow Editor with Leadscoring, Prioritized Support (this is actually not a feature per se, but we do it like that anyway) etc.

This is a custom plugin. In fact our total setup is very different from how Mailwizz works out of the box since what we have done is a 100% whitelabel, rebrandable reseller based service.

Last edited:
We have a pricing plan generator which creates two dimensional pricing plans and what determines the prices are the base price for the features & the pricing per number of messages per month. With this we then apply our customized formula on to get the price (customers who uses more messages per months pays more for the features). What we show out are price plans with the messages and prices i a dropdown menu. Under that the features included.

A feature can be e.g. CRM Integration, e-Commerce Integration, Bulk SMS, A/B Testing, Workflow Editor with Leadscoring, Prioritized Support (this is actually not a feature per se, but we do it like that anyway) etc.

This is a custom plugin. In fact our total setup is very different from how Mailwizz works out of the box since what we have done is a 100% whitelabel, rebrandable reseller based service.

That's quite amazing :) do you have any demo for your product ?

No, since it's not a product. :)
We let our resellers sell subscriptions etc of the services we provide. THEY own their own customers, we are only a supplier of the underlying technology, the hosting etc and ALL the things they need to deliver (except the things that are related to sales and support towards their customers), even their sales & marketing material. It's massive. :)

Back