Getting more complaints Unsubscribe Url doesn't work

Papapooch

Hi,
We send about 500k emails a day. Occasionally we get complaints about the [UNSUBSCRIBE_URL] not resolving. Such as:

... and your unsubscribe page link does not work

When we test the link it seems to work just fine. Is there any reason it would appear not to work for our subscribers? For example: If we are in the middle of a 250k campaign sending, would the server response be so slow that the Subscriber would get frustrated with it? We want the Unsubscribe process to be easy for the user.

BTW we are very careful to keep those who have opted-out off of our subscriber lists.

Anyone else have this problem and found a fix for it?

Thanks

would the server response be so slow that the Subscriber would get frustrated with it?
most likely this is the case. My hunch is that you get too many connections and server simply gives up on some of them.
Maybe you should look into tuning the web server.

It would also help if you would find out what exactly is the error, maybe a screenshoot.

I'd highly recommend having LiteSpeed Web Server installed on your server compared to Apache which is what im guessing you are currently using?

https://www.litespeedtech.com/products/litespeed-web-server

Apache uses alot of memory and cant seem to handle alot of con-current connections, where as LiteSpeed is just amazing compared to Apache, uses less memory and can handel more than connections.

serverload.png

Thanks for those replies. I haven't had time for the forum lately, so please excuse my late reply here.

We are using Nginx on Ubunu 16.04. We have 30 GB of memory on the server and I have allocated 20 to MySql and most of the rest to PHP. I recently upped many of the connection values in the configuration files. As a result I am seeing very few errors in the PHP-FPM logs. But I will look again at those settings.

I will look at a comparison between Lite-Speed and Nginx.

I am thinking maybe the problem is with the Text version of templates? Not sure how to find out if that is true.

Thanks for those replies. I haven't had time for the forum lately, so please excuse my late reply here.

We are using Nginx on Ubunu 16.04. We have 30 GB of memory on the server and I have allocated 20 to MySql and most of the rest to PHP. I recently upped many of the connection values in the configuration files. As a result I am seeing very few errors in the PHP-FPM logs. But I will look again at those settings.

I will look at a comparison between Lite-Speed and Nginx.

I am thinking maybe the problem is with the Text version of templates? Not sure how to find out if that is true.
It would show a lot of broken links in the app log (when you look into it, you will see incomplete/shorter/linebroken links).

Back