DB Connection Fail

corey34

I'm trying to use the DB connection for live import and I keep getting an error (message below).

I know all the login information is correct because I am using the exact information that I have in my websites config file that makes the connection. The only thing that I am a little unsure about is "Hostname". I have tried my websites IP, the domain name, "mysql.MyDomain..". Am I doing something wrong?

I have also gone into my cPanel to give remote permission to the domain my MW install is on.

Thanks

Error Message:
  • Your form has a few errors, please fix them and try again!
    CDbConnection failed to open the DB connection.

I got that wrong, my bad, so your issue is that you cannot connect to a remote db to import the records from there.
This, as the error says, happens because mailwizz cannot open the connection to the remote server, and this happen either because of a firewall, or wrong login data. Unfortunately i don't have many details since this depends entirely on your setup.

I'm trying to use the DB connection for live import and I keep getting an error (message below).

I know all the login information is correct because I am using the exact information that I have in my websites config file that makes the connection. The only thing that I am a little unsure about is "Hostname". I have tried my websites IP, the domain name, "mysql.MyDomain..". Am I doing something wrong?

I have also gone into my cPanel to give remote permission to the domain my MW install is on.

Thanks

Error Message:
  • Your form has a few errors, please fix them and try again!
    CDbConnection failed to open the DB connection.
You might try with IP:port (.e.g localhost:3306 or TheIPofTheRemoteServer:3306 or find the port that is applicable).
If it is cross-account access inside the server, it might be necessary to open that up as well execution wise.
Otherwise, perhaps try to put a trace on it to see deeper.

Back