Cache taking up a lot of space

corey34

The l/apps/common/runtime/cache folder is growing like crazy. I have been trying to research the forum if it's safe to delete and I am seeing some conflicting discussions.

Can I delete any/most of the contents of this file? Are there any benefits to having it. Are there any major drawbacks to deleting it?

Thanks

You can delete the cache, we have a command for that, clear-cache. Run it when your server is in a more idle mode.
You could also use redis for cache and mutexes https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/using-redis-cache-mutexes/ ;)
We have this set up and running but we have come accross a few issues. About 3 times since getting this set up (about 10 days ago) the website gives an error and nothing works.

Here are the different errors we have gotten:

Predis\Connection\ConnectionException
Connection refused [tcp://***]

Predis\Response\ServerException
MISCONF Redis is configured to save RDB snapshots, but is currently not able to persist on disk. Commands that may modify the data set are disabled. Please check Redis logs for details about the error.

We are able to fix it by dropping in a shell and issuing the following two commands, but it keeps coming back.
redis-cli
config set stop-writes-on-bgsave-error no

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Thanks

@corey34 - is redis hosted on same machine as mailwizz?
What can happen is that the connections can be refused because you use all the server sockets, usually moving redis on it's own server fixes the issue.

Back