Internal bounce logs linked to wrong email addressess

Niko

Hello @twisted1919 ,
we noticed that, while Hard bounces and Soft bounces work regularly, it often happens that Internal bounces are attached to the wrong email address, so an Hard Bounce becomes an Internal one with a log related to a completely different email address.

For example:
I sent a campaign to an email address like dsjhds76ds8sada@gmail.com (non-existant) expecting and Hard Bounce, instead I got an internal one with the following log:
Unable to deliver your message "[Redacted]" Intended Recipients: <[redacted]@yahoo.com> Failure Reason: Error: Too many failures
(note: I've redacted email subject and email address from the log for privacy).

Why doesn't the system show the HB log for dsjhds76ds8sada@gmail.com , and instead takes a log from a completely different address, campaign, list and account?

I've checked inside the bounce email address and Gmail is correctly sending the "unknown email address" bounce message, and the message gets parsed and deleted from mailwizz.

Would you have any suggestion here?

Unable to deliver your message "[Redacted]" Intended Recipients: <[redacted]@yahoo.com> Failure Reason: Error: Too many failures
This is the correct behavior in this case, because the smtp server returned that error so we can only parse what the smtp server says, so we don't know that is a hard bounce. We just know we got too many failures which we should later retry.

Why doesn't the system show the HB log for dsjhds76ds8sada@gmail.com , and instead takes a log from a completely different address, campaign, list and account?
I think you're just misinterpreting the data.

This is the correct behavior in this case, because the smtp server returned that error so we can only parse what the smtp server says, so we don't know that is a hard bounce. We just know we got too many failures which we should later retry.

I think you're just misinterpreting the data.

I'm sorry, I think i didn't explain myself

internal bounce mix.jpg
As you can see in the attached image, the email address and the bounce log are mixed up.
The system shows the bounce log of a different email addressess.

I'm sorry, I think i didn't explain myself

View attachment 4142
As you can see in the attached image, the email address and the bounce log are mixed up.
The system shows the bounce log of a different email addressess.
# not seen this in any of my mwz installs so far
# perhaps dbf corrupt? then just repair it

@Niko - this is what your smtp server is reporting, i didn't see this behavior before in mailwizz and i don;t know how mailwizz could cause this given it reads the emails as reported by the server.

Back