Autoresponder delay not working correctly

ipolic

I have autoresponder set up to send out emails 30 minutes after subscriber is added. I also have it set to start sending after 5 p.m.

What happens is if I add subscriber for example at 7 p.m. he will not get delay of 30 minutes, autoresponder will be sent out right away.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Thnx!

I have autoresponder set up to send out emails 30 minutes after subscriber is added. I also have it set to start sending after 5 p.m.

What happens is if I add subscriber for example at 7 p.m. he will not get delay of 30 minutes, autoresponder will be sent out right away.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Thnx!
The AR delay should stay no matter when you open the gates.

Correct, and it is in settings of auto responder, but looks like it is disregarding that value.
Because 7pm is 2h after 5pm, and 2h > 30m, it will do as expected ;)
Maybe you want a new feature: to take into account also when you start your sending?

If I have settings to start sending at 17h with 15 minutes delay for example, and I add subscriber at 17:30, it will be sent out right away in my case that is why I reported issue here.

If I have settings to start sending at 17h with 15 minutes delay for example, and I add subscriber at 17:30, it will be sent out right away in my case that is why I reported issue here.
One point in time is the start of sending, which is absolute.
The other is the delay from the moment of subscription, which is relative.
This can create the situation, if sending is scheduled to start after the delay has passed, that AR emails go out immediately at start of sending.

My case is described here:
"If I have settings to start sending at 17h with 15 minutes delay for example, and I add subscriber at 17:30, it will be sent out right away in my case that is why I reported issue here."

My case is described here:
"If I have settings to start sending at 17h with 15 minutes delay for example, and I add subscriber at 17:30, it will be sent out right away in my case that is why I reported issue here."
Have you tested it taking into account the difference between "Activate at" and "Send only at/after this time"?

Have you tested it taking into account the difference between "Activate at" and "Send only at/after this time"?
@twisted1919 after testing, it seems it disobeys both, the "Send only at/after this time" (and the "Activate at" by one minute early, which seems minor). Can you have a look into that please?

Nice to see you listened :)
As you may know, problems can only be addressed, once the description is sufficiently specific, which it never was. Even so, I went the extra mile and tested, and then put the specificity into it (see the difference between "Activate at" and "Send only at/after this time").

Oh, I was wrong again....thought this was good enough:

Big thank you for taking that extra mile, testing and let's hope @twisted1919 will grab some free time to look into it.

Back