Emails sending very slow (300 per hour) after migrating to different server

@Eric535 - Not quite, i think the reason why it said permissions denied is because you have initially installed the app as root so all the files are owned by root, and not you try to overwrite them as another user, thus you aren't allowed and you get that error.

@Eric535 - Most likely yes, if you have installed your vps via serverpilot. It seems it describes the problem exactly as i did. It also offers a way to solve it.

@Eric535 - Not quite, i think the reason why it said permissions denied is because you have initially installed the app as root so all the files are owned by root, and not you try to overwrite them as another user, thus you aren't allowed and you get that error.

@twisted1919 Maybe youre right. I been trying to be cool doing alot off SSH'ing and i moved the backup files over to the the serverpilot folder via ssh. I even restored the backup via SSH. You think thats the problem? Maybe I should stick to cyberduck lol and log in a the serverpilot user and then do everything from there. SSH is so much faster :)

Yeah, you restored them under another user and this caused the permissions, this happens often and permissions must be changed from command line, like the article shows ;)
Learn SSH, it's just awesome :D

Yeah, you restored them under another user and this caused the permissions, this happens often and permissions must be changed from command line, like the article shows ;)
Learn SSH, it's just awesome :D

I followed the article and it worked perfect. All I did was run

sudo chown -R serverpilot:serverpilot /srv/users/serverpilot/apps

DONE

Thanks again for the great support. Going im going to try and update again. I already changed the setting you asked me earlier in on the cron page to see if it emails faster. Will report back tomorrow after i finish.

@Eric535 - That's the stock install settings, can you try to enable pcntl on those settings and see if it goes faster ?

@twisted1919 I enabled that setting and it only took 1 hour and 20 mins to complete 39,459 emails. Im sure it would of went faster because it looks like it was pausing. What I mean by that was in the first 15 mins it sent about 9200+ emails but it didnt move for a while.

@twisted1919 Im sorry. It didnt pause like hitting the pause button. What i meant that it didnt continue. It would stop at like 92000 then continue a few minutes after. It didnt continue straight through if you know what i mean

@Eric535 - I know, i understood that :) i was curious on why it would stop for a few minutes, and by following the above article we could find out, that was my point :D

Hello Mailwizz Community,

You guys are all talking about very high email sending speeds.

Can you please share how many emails are being sent out on one single IP per day without being black listed?

For VPS, what is the quantity of IP addresses you all installed? Which VPS configuration would be best?

Which Data Centres are you all using, while being stable and allowing for email marketing of such high speeds?

Please recommend me, as I am very new and just bought this Mailwizz Extended license.

Thank-you

@HappyMonkeys - If you're planning to run a business out of this i advise you to do a bit of research before you start, emailing is not an easy business.

While starting, my first advice is to keep your servers separate, that is, the servers where mailwizz is installed separate of your smtp servers that send your emails.

For hosting mailwizz, you can use any vps provider, or even dedicated providers like hetzner or whatever fits your bill.
But keep in mind you need to keep your mailwizz server(s) close to your smtp server(s) for lower latency.

For smtp servers i advise you to use pmta (it is super expensive though) or postal ( https://github.com/atech/postal which is free) since they both can rotate ip addresses, do backoff/retries per domains and much more.
You need to find hosting that is friendly with email sending and gives you a few ip addresses, say 5 at least.

Good luck.

Back