How to install Mailwizz on CPannel

Tecnomotriz

Worse support from Mailwizz, I can not find clear and simple Installation Mailwizz procedures on Cpannel.
The first and most important step on help tutorials is missing.
The customer section here is almost finished, not working anymore:
https://www.mailwizz.com/customer ,
The install notes are very short and poor
It is suppossed to be here, that said the instructions I received on the soft package:
https://www.mailwizz.com/quick-start-user-guide/install.html , but here is nothing it changes to:
https://kb.mailwizz.com/ , but here is not the information.
And the video here is not spoken:
And on the forum there is not directly and clear information and section for this most important information
It seems the Mailwizz people forget the most important thing:
HOW TO INSTALL MAILWIZZ on CPannel ???????

Last edited by a moderator:
I was trying to follow the tiny instructions, I upload the content of the "Latest" folder on my CPanel web hosting account.
Because of the lack of information I have reported about the installation, I created a folder with the name Mailwizz, because I don{t know exactly where to upload the content, and on that folder Mailwizz I tried to upload the 16 files from the Latest folder. I can upload 15 files, but there is one file I couldn´t, its name is " .gitignore " . I tried severall ways and times to upload it but not succeed, I even rename with another name in order to be accepted by my server but when I tried to correct the name, my server didn´t allow to do that.
So, please I´m waiting for the detailled instructions and guidelines to how to install Mailwizz on my server, I have wasted over 3 hours trying to do it but I don´t have any idea since your video and tiny instructions showed not to be sufficient enough clear and detailled.
BECAUSE OF THAT, I´M LOST, COMPLETLY LOST
I´m including an attached picture, comparative between the content of the " Latest" folder on my windows explorer and the upload content on my server where you can see the file " .gitignore " is missing.Comparative.jpg

Worse support from Mailwizz, I can not find clear and simple Installation Mailwizz procedures on Cpannel.
The first and most important step on help tutorials is missing.
The customer section here is almost finished, not working anymore:
http://www.mailwizz.com/customer ,
The install notes are very short and poor
It is suppossed to be here, that said the instructions I received on the soft package:
http://www.mailwizz.com/quick-start-user-guide/install.html , but here is nothing it changes to:
https://kb.mailwizz.com/ , but here is not the information.
And the video here is not spoken:
And on the forum there is not directly and clear information and section for this most important information
It seems the Mailwizz people forget the most important thing:
HOW TO INSTALL MAILWIZZ on CPannel ???????

Welcome here!

Like with any other script you install on cpanel, if you want it to show s/t to the world, it needs to be in /public_html/
So put your mailwizz folder there (e.g. http://YourDomain.com/mailwizz), unless you want it to run directly at the domain (e.g. http://YourDomain.com/) then you don't need another subdirectory under /public_html/
(You can upload your mailwizz zip to some non public folder (e.g. name it 'install files') and then you can unzip from there (as that is much faster than ftp each file)).
Take all !contents! of 'latest' (ie folders and files) (not the directory 'latest' itself) and put them there.
Simply follow all instructions as they are here:
https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/install-steps

You will find many posts on the forum that have answered install questions, incl full setup guides even if for other panels (although cpanel install is the easiest), the main points are the same.
See in the third party section of the forum:
https://forum.mailwizz.com/threads/guides-to-mailwizz.2976

If you have at some point specific questions, please post them in the appropriate section of the forum and free help by many nice folks is near by!

Good luck :)

Didn't read your 2nd post, but I agree with the OP little bit.

There should be a installation instructions in the kb. I think this should the first thing when the customer purchases mailwizz.

When I first bought i thought it would be under "Getting started" but that section starts directly assuming as if we have already installed mailwizz, its kind of hard for us non-server geeks.

There should be a complete tutorial text or video on how to properly install.
Place it under "Getting Started" kb also make it sticky on main forum homepage.

This is the reason I still haven't installed mine lol.. just downloaded safely xD

You are right, a good install (or even more so, a perfect one with all testing) is not easy.
Just keep in mind whoever purchases a script like this and wants to get into mailing, needs to have what it takes to become your own/public ESP, which needs constant learning and growing, as the email space is evolving (beyond the day-to-day).

Yes, the kb needs expansion, but I guess @twisted1919 is stretched and has not made his mind up yet who to give forum and kb edit/admin access to outsource some of his many responsibilities, but time will tell ;)

If you look at the link above that contains the word 'guides', then you will find there another link to a 'step-by-step-tutorial'.

Whenever you need s/t deeper, feel free to get in touch via PM. (I've done many installs, speed tunings over 20000 per minute, database optimizations, etc).

:)

Thanks to frm.mwz by your help, I will try to follow the links.
But you forgot to answer my second question:
There is one file I couldn´t upload to my server, its name is " .gitignore " . I tried severall ways and times to upload it but not succeed, I even rename with another name in order to be accepted by my server but when I tried to correct the name, my server didn´t allow to do that.
So how I can upload this file to my server?
PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED PICTURE, PLEASE

Attachments

• Comparative.jpg
    Comparative.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 7
Thanks to frm.mwz by your help, I will try to follow the links.
But you forgot to answer my second question:
There is one file I couldn´t upload to my server, its name is " .gitignore " . I tried severall ways and times to upload it but not succeed, I even rename with another name in order to be accepted by my server but when I tried to correct the name, my server didn´t allow to do that.
So how I can upload this file to my server?
Upload the whole mwz zip and unpack on server, then you have uploaded it, by way of the above and here mentioned procedure.

Sorry "frm.mwz" but you are not giving any help. First than all, I thank you because I know you are a particular trying to help me. I can see that the manufacturers of this soft have not a support dedicated department, not at all, very sad. But I´m still sinked on the same hole. Please forgive my english, I´m spanish spoken and english is my second language.
FIRST: I need other information than:
https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/install-steps/, and you are driving me there back
The other information you are giving me is very complex only to very PRO people.
If I would have know that the installation is too difficult only for very PRO people, I would not have bought this soft.
The manufacturers of this soft are very irresponsible when they advertised to sell this soft to be very simple installation and so on, now I can see the reality is very different
SECOND: I´m now more confussed than ever. The instructions said, to upload only the "Latest" folder, but now you are telling me to upload the whole compresed file. Besides that, you didn´t answer to my question about this file " .gitignore " (inside latest folder) this file can not be upload, the server simply refussed, dissappeared.
THIRD: I bought this soft time ago, but I didn´t have time to get on it, now I´m completly frustrated about.
So Please, can you install this software for me? Or you know some profesional who can install this software for me? Please comunicate directly with me to: tecnomotriz@gmail.com and tell me how much this installation will cost me, how much will be the rates of your services, and how much certainty I would have that this soft will work as promissed. Please comunicate to the mentioned email because I think I will not longer be here posting on the forum now, there is an annoying popup telling me that the time for support is over, and I don´t know how much time I can post here, and there is not point tu subscribe and pay for another period of support, I realized it is not so easy as they advertised, I feel frustrated and cheated. The manufacturers didn´t have time to give a right support, they even have not time to edit a decent video on how to install it properly, cheaters. They guess that we know, and you can see I´m not the only one, here Dante has expressed the same than me.
So please let me know if you or others can help me in any way, THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Sorry "frm.mwz" but you are not giving any help. First than all, I thank you because I know you are a particular trying to help me. I can see that the manufacturers of this soft have not a support dedicated department, not at all, very sad. But I´m still sinked on the same hole. Please forgive my english, I´m spanish spoken and english is my second language.
FIRST: I need other information than:
https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/install-steps/, and you are driving me there back
The other information you are giving me is very complex only to very PRO people.
If I would have know that the installation is too difficult only for very PRO people, I would not have bought this soft.
The manufacturers of this soft are very irresponsible when they advertised to sell this soft to be very simple installation and so on, now I can see the reality is very different
SECOND: I´m now more confussed than ever. The instructions said, to upload only the "Latest" folder, but now you are telling me to upload the whole compresed file. Besides that, you didn´t answer to my question about this file " .gitignore " (inside latest folder) this file can not be upload, the server simply refussed, dissappeared.
THIRD: I bought this soft time ago, but I didn´t have time to get on it, now I´m completly frustrated about.
So Please, can you install this software for me? Or you know some profesional who can install this software for me? Please comunicate directly with me to: tecnomotriz@gmail.com and tell me how much this installation will cost me, how much will be the rates of your services, and how much certainty I would have that this soft will work as promissed. Please comunicate to the mentioned email because I think I will not longer be here posting on the forum now, there is an annoying popup telling me that the time for support is over, and I don´t know how much time I can post here, and there is not point tu subscribe and pay for another period of support, I realized it is not so easy as they advertised, I feel frustrated and cheated. The manufacturers didn´t have time to give a right support, they even have not time to edit a decent video on how to install it properly, cheaters. They guess that we know, and you can see I´m not the only one, here Dante has expressed the same than me.
So please let me know if you or others can help me in any way, THANK YOU VERY MUCH

It is not hard to install, but if you are totally new to such scripts, it might seem overwhelming, though rest assured, it is not very hard :)

You can use the one command install, but if you are on cpanel, it is very easy to just upload the whole mwz zip via the file manager, then unzip it, then take the 'latest' folder contents and put them into your /public_html/ or /public_html/YourChosenMailwizzDirectory/ and then follow the install instructions.
Of course, if you ftp the files to your server, then you only upload the files of the 'latest' folder to save time, as ftp is slower than the upload of the whole zip.

The question re the gitignore file was answered already twice before, as you will not have a problem with this file if you do the upload of the whole zip and then unpack on server. If the file disappears, this might be because the file manager in cpanel is set to not show '.' files, so see the settings there and adjust them. Those are not mailwizz problems, and people usually go to their host firm for such questions.

If you bought it a long time ago, then you are lucky, as it was cheaper then, and it is better now ;)

If you want me to install it, simply get in touch via PM.

@Tecnomotriz - You should know we don't work weekends, so the world can literally burn over the weekend and there's no way to help you :-s
Secondly, your install issues can be addressed really simple. Indeed we assume you have some basic knowledge about how you install a web app, since installing mailwizz is no different than installing wordpress and the current install instructions should be enough, proof to this the fact that thousand people installed the app without issues.
Anyway, i started to redo the videos a while back, with voice and all but i hadn't had the chance to finish them since i didn't like the way they turned out, but i'll give it another go.

Meanwhile, i am here to help if you get stuck so just ask and i'll answer. Stop complaining and act as a big man ;)

twisted1919 you are not giving any help, stop bothering and help, you are the only one here who should act as a big man, it is your responsability, YOUR DUTY
If you are the responsible of this software give some help, dont be irresponsible´.
Your first responsability is to provide clear and detailled guidelines to how to install
FIRST. Don´t sell this soft under the cheap premise, expectations and promise that everyone can manage it, this is only for Pro people. Don´t cheat people. To say "everybody knows how to" is not a excuse, not a justification
SECOND. no one of you have gave me any answer to my questions YET, so you have to stop bothering and start helping.
a) The video is not the real problem, despite its bad quality, completly blured, non spoken, it is useless, so don´t focus on it.
The real problem is the lack of clear and detailled written instructions. You don´t have any other information in the whole bunch of your sites, that the tiny and confussing https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/install-steps/ , since it, the installation is the FIRST and most important thing. Your duty is to provide clear and detailled information, not to supposse that "everyone knows". Your duty is to provide clear and detailled information to all of your customers, if you don´t like to do that don´t sell this soft with false expectations and premises, don´t cheat.
I´m not the only one who think like that, on this same thread " Dante " has manifested the same frustration as me. So please take the time to read, to listen, go out of your perfection shell
b) What about this file " .gitignore " , no one of you can give me any answer YET after so many answers and bothering, why you can´t focus on give clear and detailled answers and information as expected? After so many answers and re questions, I´m stucked on the same whole, I´m still that the begining. Nothing positive YET

I am not frustrated lol, its just that if there would have been little clear instructions on the installation side then it would have been better.

I saw there are installation guides but they are not linked to the KB where the customers will first look.

Installation is easy, its just there could be better organization of the tuts that is all :)

Please dante, can you provide me with the links to that installation guides, I will thank you so much because I could not get any help yet

Please dante, can you provide me with the links to that installation guides, I will thank you so much because I could not get any help yet

Do this if you are using a VPS or DEDI..
just login to your server via command prompt(download putty) and paste this code there
Code:
curl -L https://www.mailwizz.com/frontend/files/mailwizz-docker-setup.sh | bash

If you are unsure about this then PM me i will try to help you...

EDIT: here is the link btw https://kb.mailwizz.com/articles/install-mailwizz-using-just-one-bash-command/

Back