Just updated - Cannot use *@domain.com blacklist

Arun Shah

Hiya,

I had some *@domain.com blacklists

but i cannot use them now.

It says to use regex instead but i thought * was a regex char.

what do i do now?

.@domain.com ?

i have no idea please help give me simple instructions!

do i use /g at the end of my regex or /i

if i want to block whole domain?

or maybe /gi
?

do i start with a /

i want add some domain (*@domain.com) to black lists, is this right format to below add domain to black lists

/abuse@(.*)i
/spam@(.*)i
/(.*)@baddomain\.com/i
/(.*)@baddomain2\.com/i

or

/^.*@baddomain\.com$/i
/^.*@baddomain2\.com$/i

@Markt33 - try them like i did in the above url...

This is correct
Code:
/abuse@(.*)/i
/spam@(.*)/i
/(.*)@baddomain\.com/i
/(.*)@baddomain2\.com/i

hi
i just started using Mailwizz (moved from interspire)
i have about 10.000 entire domains to blacklist ... on interspire i just used @anydomain.com and add to supression list.

i read this post but i'm little confuse...
i really need to use this 'code' in Mailwizz? ^.*@anydomain\.com$ ??
any other simple way to do it ?
and i include them in "Regular expressions" blacklist?

i was thinking just add this domains - @anydomain.com - in "regular expressions blacklist"... works?

bc is more than 10k that i need to edit manually...

many thanks
pedro

@blakeapfg - using regular expressions should be much faster than add one by one in the email blacklist.
if you usually would add just @domain.com , you'd now add /(.*)@domain\.com/i in regex area.
This is flexible because it allows you to do things like:
Code:
/(.*)@(domain|yahoo|gmail|gmx|netflix|etc)\.com/i
So you can have (at most, for performance reasons) 50 domains in a single line, as opposed to have 50 new records in a database.
Once you get used to this, you'll see it's more powerful.

@blakeapfg - using regular expressions should be much faster than add one by one in the email blacklist.
if you usually would add just @domain.com , you'd now add /(.*)@domain\.com/i in regex area.
This is flexible because it allows you to do things like:
Code:
/(.*)@(domain|yahoo|gmail|gmx|netflix|etc)\.com/i
So you can have (at most, for performance reasons) 50 domains in a single line, as opposed to have 50 new records in a database.
Once you get used to this, you'll see it's more powerful.
While it is certainly faster and easier to per domain and line (or take your huge list from before and do a search & replace) this:
/(.*)@domain\.com/i
some may wonder how to have a group for .com and one for .net, etc. So here is an example for that:
/((.*)@(aol|hotmail|msn|outlook|icloud)\.com)|((.*)@(verizon|centurylink|sbcglobal|att|bellsouth)\.net)/i
yet the easiest and most user friendly would be to just cut & paste all domains that should be (additionally) blocked, and have the app reduce it on the fly. Do you think this might be eventually possible?

While it is certainly faster and easier to per domain and line (or take your huge list from before and do a search & replace) this:
/(.*)@domain\.com/i
some may wonder how to have a group for .com and one for .net, etc. So here is an example for that:
/((.*)@(aol|hotmail|msn|outlook|icloud)\.com)|((.*)@(verizon|centurylink|sbcglobal|att|bellsouth)\.net)/i
yet the easiest and most user friendly would be to just cut & paste all domains that should be (additionally) blocked, and have the app reduce it on the fly. Do you think this might be eventually possible?

ok thanks will try to do that... however not so simple for a big list...
i include them in "Regular expressions" blacklist, right ?

thnks

i have a problem importing blacklist file when more than 300/400kb / .csv .
i get a 'server error 500'
any idea? tks

Back