Campaigns getting stuck

Lakjin

Ever since updating to v1.3.7.2, periodically some campaigns are getting stuck. Not all campaigns get stuck and it doesn't happen all the time. What is up? Any fix for this?

@Lakjin , start by trying to run the cron jobs interactively from shell. If that works (or not work), then you have more leads to where you should continue tracing the error.

Cron is not the problem. How would I trace why the campaigns are sometimes getting stuck? Clicking the resume sending icon restarts the campaigns just fine.

So, instead of testing it you are already convinced that cron is not the problem. No elimination of theories of prospective sources of errors then.

Ok, I wish you good luck.

So, instead of testing it you are already convinced that cron is not the problem. No elimination of theories of prospective sources of errors then.

Ok, I wish you good luck.
Sorry, I dont have time for obviously useless suggestions.

It could stem from quota settings or sending settings or if you have an old version and data was from that time the app can get stuck from malformed data.
I have no quota limits. What sending settings could be causing this? Also, what malformed data could there be and how can I identify it?

What sending settings could be causing this?
It'd be easier if you'd post screen shots of all of them. It could be e.g. no reset on quota, but in your case it is more on/off, this could be from overload, I saw s/t like this on someone else's server, their dbf was not optimized, and the DS' queue can get filled.
Pls also post any logs since start of stuck campaigns.
Sometimes campaigns get stuck and the reason is not easily found, and then the campaign restart button helps (but you mentioned this, just saw that).

what malformed data could there be and how can I identify
This could be if you have some of the elsewhere on the forum mentioned characters that are not being processed properly by SwiftMailer. Also, if you imported data a few versions earlier other malformed data could have persisted. This is also elsewhere on the forum. I recommend using PHPmailer, it was in my tests 2.6x faster than SwiftMailer (and does not have those mentioned problems); it also does not delay (hang a bit) which can be observed in verbose sending (especially when you run many processes in pcntl).

Without more details or taking a closer look, this is what comes to mind.

Been busy last couple of days working on a mailwizz service for blacklists.
Everything back to normal these days.

First thing that comes in mind is high delivery settings and because of that sending dies in the middle leaving the campaign is processing mode. This offers some insight.

First thing that comes in mind is high delivery settings and because of that sending dies in the middle leaving the campaign is processing mode. This offers some insight.
It is possible, but I don't think this is the problem for two reasons:

a) I had a heavier sending load prior to upgrading to the latest version. I was on a version that supported redis and no campaigns were getting stuck.

b) If the sending load is too high, wouldn't all campaigns fail? Only some campaigns are getting stuck periodically

Nonetheless, I'll try lowering it and see if that fixes it.

I lowered the delivery settings and same problem just happened. What the heck is going on?

It doesn't happen all the time, but it is happening periodically.

I lowered the delivery settings and same problem just happened. What the heck is going on?

It doesn't happen all the time, but it is happening periodically.
See my post 10 days ago. Post all sending settings, all relevant logs, and verbose sending output. This may allow helpers to become more specific.

See my post 10 days ago. Post all sending settings, all relevant logs, and verbose sending output. This may allow helpers to become more specific.
Again, what logs and how to get verbose output? If I knew what logs to look at, I would be able to figure out why myself.

Back