Emails sending very slow (300 per hour) after migrating to different server

Eric535

Hi,

I have hosting through hostgator and migrated from a VPS down to a shared/reseller plan and now my email sending rate is unbelievably slow. They migrated everything over for and everything seems to work fine except for the slow sending rate. Right now it sends about 300 emails an hour where before I could send at least 5000 in an hour.

Well, this is the effect of shared hosting, they limit you in numerous way.
300 emails/hr is still super slow, so i have a hunch that they have moved your cron jobs frequency for send campaigns command, so instead of running each minute ( * * * * * )it will run just at the start of the hour( 1 * * * * ). Can you check that?

Well, i was right, the send-campaigns frequency has been changed. The command now runs once at 22 minutes instead of once at each minute ;)
Shared hosting...

Im going to try and change it. If it doesnt let me then I will just get a digitial ocean droplet for $5 and run mailwizz on there. Those droplets are soooooo fast. Thats why I got rid of my VPS that I was paying to hostgator for $79. My digital ocean $5 a month droplet puts it to shame.

Thanks @twisted1919 You're always really helpful. I adjusted the settings on my shared plan so far so good. But if they change it on me or notice it acting up i will just go with the droplet? Will the droplet send my emails quicker? With my vps I was able to send 40,000 emails in 6 hours. I wonder if the droplet will be any different. I know my droplet runs my other site super fast compared to the vps.

@Eric535 - It depends on the droplet size, for https://www.blk.mx for example i am using 4 droplets @512 ram spread around the world to make the blacklist checks. What i can tell you is that the 512ram droplets are usable only for light weight stuff, so for mailwizz i really don't advise the 512 one, so i would start at the 1GB one as minimum requirement and 2GB one as recommended.
P.S: linode.com also has great hardware, and good vps'es, i am using it alllooooooot, and i believe now it has a better offer than DigitalOcean.
Hope it helps :)

@Eric535 - It depends on the droplet size, for https://www.blk.mx for example i am using 4 droplets @512 ram spread around the world to make the blacklist checks. What i can tell you is that the 512ram droplets are usable only for light weight stuff, so for mailwizz i really don't advise the 512 one, so i would start at the 1GB one as minimum requirement and 2GB one as recommended.
P.S: linode.com also has great hardware, and good vps'es, i am using it alllooooooot, and i believe now it has a better offer than DigitalOcean.
Im using the 512 one right now for my website and kicks the 2gb ram 2 core hostagator vps in the butt lol

Linode looks just like Digital ocean but double the speed and hardware. Thanks for the tip.

Best is to import your database directly, just make sure you install same mailwizz version as the one your old install is ;)

Back