Updates related to Envato Support Packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisted1919

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

As many of you know, when you buy Mailwizz, you get 6 months of free basic support from me and as you also know, i always do my best to help with the issues, most of the times beyond of what support really means (i.e: i often ftp and fix issues not related to mailwizz just to make sure everything works).

This whole support thing is something Envato came up with in order to make our items more sustainable, you can read more about this here. Previously we simply offered support for free because it was no policy stating otherwise. Now there is one and we have to comply with it, so things will change slightly in the way that you have to extend your support packs in order to get further support from me. You get some info related to how to do this here but overall you just have to go to mailwizz page on codecanyon and get a support pack from there directly.

If you look in your profile page here on the forum, or when you look at a thread where you have posted, you'll notice below your avatar, a few new fields, such as S.E / L.T / L.C. S.E shows when your support expire or if it has expired. L.T shows your license type and L.C shows how many licenses you currently own.
This information is updated once a day, so if you had an expired pack and bought a new one, you'll see it starting next day.

Notes:
1. Without having a support pack, you can still use the forums, post threads and get help from other community members and sometimes from me(see #3 below).
Given the number of posts the forums contain, that might be enough for you.
2. Buying a support pack does not mean you hire me, you still get only basic support, nothing more, this has to be very clear. I know most of you know this, i just want to make sure we all are on same page.
3. People having support packs have priority over the rest that don't.

Important:
Please note, that until 1st of May 2016, i will continue to answer threads/posts/support tickets to everybody, giving a priority to people that already have a support pack. After 1st of May 2016, you'll need a support pack if you need my personal help anymore.

If you have any question related to this, please feel free to ask in this thread.

Thank you.

UPDATES:
1. Starting with January 2019 we started conducting a test where we require anyone to have an active support pack to participate in the public forums. The reason is simple, people without active support packs will question the forums and in the end our support staff have to answer that as well. Also, we simply got tired to ask people to renew their support packs and they seem to not see our requests. We might lift this limitation in future, but for now it is in place and stays like this.

It ok. Its understandable. How else will one take care of the cost of keeping support sites up and running, hosting costs, continuous development and even alot of hidden cost not visible to customers.

As a business owner that most of us are, we already know what it means. I even expect that you will create support plans to enable some of us who are interested in getting some advanced modules done get it done much quicker. Thanks for the support all the while, I personally as an individual appreciate it a whole lot.

And I also think, since many us here use this product to make money, then I don't think it is bad to pay something in order to get more support for something that helps one earn.

Regards.

Instead of Envato support package, can we purchase https://forum.mailwizz.com/account/upgrades? More money for you since you won't have to share with Envato. I also need to know how to make https://forum.mailwizz.com/account/upgrades recurring per month.
I fully agree with that! I mean, this is your private forum and Envato should have no rule on how you conduct business with YOUR clients. Envato implemented this on THEIR site, so if one wants support from the Envato comments section site (which is completely out of the industry standards which is one year and NOT 6 months by the way), I understand that this should be charged at their location. BUT, you are providing support HERE on your own facilities, so why would we give cash to Envato to get support HERE?

@Andy / @Lakjin - I am almost sure that doing like so would violate the agreement i have with Envato and really that would be the least thing i want to get into right now given all the changes that happen over there lately.
I feel how unfair this is, but for now i am playing by their rules since they bring in the customers.

@Andy / @Lakjin - I am almost sure that doing like so would violate the agreement i have with Envato and really that would be the least thing i want to get into right now given all the changes that happen over there lately.
I feel how unfair this is, but for now i am playing by their rules since they bring in the customers.

Fair enough. Purchased.

Understood, and it's about time good products have a clear path for ongoing support. In my opinion Envato simply takes too much, but at least it's a start in the right direction. Good news is that extended support is optional, so the naysayers have to worries.

How will you know which forum members have paid? The profiles do not appear to be shared.

Yeah, it possibly can although I haven't read through all the details of this agreement. You're the one who knows. Look, I have no problem to paying that support fee at all if it is what it takes to participate in this forum. And this is mainly what I meant, and what I was relating to in fact, I was not seeing this place as a support forum for envato as many folks here are involved in much more than just getting a fee to envato to getting support from you. What I feel is going on here goes much beyond paying "envato support fees" imho. There's a pool of brains gathering here to help each other reach a huge market out there also ;) Unless, we open a private forum for devs... ? Some thoughts...
Andy

I still get the expired notice on the bottom right of the forum thread although I have paid for the support [ack

@Doug K - not sure what you purchased but def. is not a support pack, i have double check this via the envato tools and it does not show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back